Monday, July 22, 2013

My First Flip

After watching a TON of HGTV and the DIY network I decided that I wanted to flip a house.  I really think Robert and I could spend a summer working on a house and make some money.  Well, last week I got a house to flip... for free!!


It's a three story Victorian house with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom that needs a lot of work!  I'm going to have to gut it completely and start fresh.  My timeline is short, I'm hoping to be done with it by Nola's birthday in October.

I should mention.... it's a doll house.



A teacher I use to work with called me last week and said a friend of hers had an old wood doll house.  She thought I might enjoy cleaning it up and painting it for Nola.  I told her I would love to take a look at it and that night it was sitting on my door step!  I love that my friends and co-worker are always calling me about neat things they find that I can paint.  This find is especially exciting because I've never painted anything like this before and it's for Nola :)

First I had to clean out the house and evict the former tenant.

Headless lady!!

The house came with a dresser, sink and sewing table- score!

Next I got out the air compressor and sprayed it down.  I decided to take the front porch off and use pieces of it to patch parts of the house that were broken.  I patched the roof and moved some of the trim to cover up some spots that had been damaged.  Once it was all fixed up I taped off some areas and primed it with spray paint.



Now I have a blank canvas!  I'm so excited to paint this.  I'm going to stick to my normal painting style, bright and busy!  Here's a sneak peek-



Stay tuned for the finished product!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited about this project! Nola will love it!

    ReplyDelete